Sadly it really is only to support the new D3100. I was hoping for a bit more, but with Nikon and their software well they dance to their own drummer. I still think that it give superior performance, but the Lightroom is so close now and the work flow so much simpler, I find myself using Capture less and less. In fact, I question whether or not I would even pay to upgrade, if and when Nikon goes to NX3.
Here are the highlights.
- Compatibility with Mac OS X version 10.6.4 has been added.
- Support for RAW images captured with the D3100 has been added.
- Information for lenses used with the Auto Distortion correction function under Camera & Lens Corrections in the Develop section of the Edit List has been updated.
- An issue that prevented smooth display of graduations when certain RAW images were opened has been resolved (however this issue may remain in some images)
- An issue that caused certain RAW images to be displayed too brightly with Capture NX 2 Ver. 2.2.0–2.2.4 has been resolved.
- When the Image Dust Off function under Camera & Lens Corrections in the Develop section of the Edit List was applied, block noise was generated in some very rare cases. This issue has been resolved.
The link for the upgrade for Mac is…HERE.
The link for the upgrade for PS is…HERE.
If you son’t already own NX2 and don’t have this version it is worth upgrading. It has always been stable and fast for me. You can buy it from Amazon with the link below.
Nikon Capture NX 2 Full Version