Nikon has finally introduced another poorly kept secret, the D3X. Its a 25 megapixel D3. So very low nice and very large files! About a 140MB NEF file to be more precise. I am actually very happy to see the news, I was battling my bank book about buying the D300 a few months ago or waiting for the oft rumored D3X. Now that I have seen the specs and the PRICE, I’m quite content with my D300. Now when there is a high megapixel D300, I may be in a bit more trouble…
Buy yours here and win a prize!
Here are the details from NikonUSA:
- Extreme resolution 24.5-megapixel FX-format (35.9 x 24.0mm) CMOS sensor
Large 5.94µm pixels capture astonishing detail and subtleties with outstanding dynamic range for demanding commercial applications.
- Nikon EXPEED image processing technologies
EXPEED extends and assures breathtakingly rich image fidelity and reduces noise, even at high ISOs.
- 138 MB1 Processed NEF (RAW) 12 or 14 bit image files
Selectable bit depths of 12-bit (4,096 tones) or 14-bit (16,384 tones), both yielding incredible image quality through a 16-bit processing pipeline, for smoother tonal gradations.
- Low noise ISO sensitivity from 100 to 1600
Added ISO settings of Lo-1 (ISO 50 equivalent), Hi-1 (ISO 3200 equivalent) and Hi-2 (ISO 6400 equivalent) extend versatility.
- Two Live View shooting modes
Two Live View modes add flexibility, and up to 27x magnification in the Tripod Mode, acute focusing accuracy is easily confirmed.
- Continuous shooting at up to 5 fps at full FX-format resolution
Commercial image quality teams with speed and handling to create new shooting possibilities—in the studio or on location.
- Fast, accurate 51-point AF system
AF system features 4 Dynamic AF modes, including 3D Focus Tracking, for autofocus precision and razor sharpness.
- 1,005-Pixel 3D Color Matrix Metering II with Scene Recognition System
Two Nikon-exclusive technologies provide intelligent auto exposure capabilities, along with refined auto white balance detection and faster, more accurate AF performance.
- 3-inch super-density 920,000-dot VGA LCD monitor
Individual factory calibration assures the color accuracy of each D3X monitor for critical image review.
- 100% viewfinder coverage
- Nikon Picture Control
Four preset options: Standard, Neutral, Vivid and Monochrome, and 9 customizable settings provide advanced, personalized color control.
- Rugged, durable and precise magnesium-alloy construction
Effectively protected from invasive dust, moisture and electromagnetic interference with a self-diagnostic shutter mechanism tested to exceed 300,000 cycles.
- Dual CF card slots with overflow, backup and copy options
- Virtual Horizon Graphic Indicator
- Up to 4,400 images per battery charge