I have been really enjoying the beta of LR3 and cannot wait for the real deal. This new beta release makes me think a the final version is very close. Believe it or not this version is faster and has a bunch of kewl new features.
Things I’ve played with in LR3
I have been shooting with high and higher ISO lately and the Luminace Noise Reduction button now works…and it it works really well getting that “stained glass” noise out of a high ISO image.
LR3 now supports importing and managing video! How cool is that? No editing (YET!) and no built in player, but at least you can ingest the videos at the same time as your stills.
Here are the highlights:
- Improved performance throughout the application for faster importing and loading of images
- Native tethered shooting support for select Nikon and Canon DSLR cameras
- Luminance noise reduction has been added to the previous color noise reduction improvements available in the first public beta for outstanding overall high ISO quality
- Support for importing and managing video files from DSLR cameras for better overall photographic workflow control
- Improvements to the import experience in the first beta to reflect public feedback
- Improved watermarking functionality from the first beta to reflect public feedback
- Support for a bunch of new cameras
Of course Adobe’s Lightroom Journal blog reveal all of the juicy details…HERE.
And you can download the beta and play with it yourself…HERE.