What a Grizzly Bear! This bear has so many expressions, I swear I could do a book showing all of them…hmm! He has become quite the celebrity during my photography workshops too. Everyone comes away happy and with more killer images than they can imagine. You might want to think about that if you are interested in adding some spectacular Grizzly Bear images to your photography portfolio. His dad weighed in around 800 lbs and so he is only going to get bigger!
Interesting Grizzly Bear Facts
- eat 40 kg (90 lbs.) of food each day, gaining over 1 kg (2.2 lbs.) of body weight a day
- grizzly bears even give birth in their sleep
- 5 to 8 ft (1.5 to 2.5 m) tall and weight up to 800 lbs (363 kg)
- can run clocked at 30 mph (48 kph)
- only about 1,000 grizzlies remain in the US
- the collective noun for bears are: a pack, a maul, a sleuth, or a sloth
Yes, you are correct, I’m not enamored with these collective nouns. My vote for a fun collective noun would be to call a group of bears a teddy! Come on now you have to love that one. And my second alternate would be to call them a den.
Grizzly Bear Photos
Grizzly Bear Photography Portfolio
I’ve got lot’s of photos of young, old, silly, wild, splashing, running and more in my Grizzly Bear photography portfolio. Feel free to browse the images or order a print or license an image for your use…HERE.
Wildlife Photography Workshops
If you would like to join me on one of my photography workshops in Montana, we almost always photograph Grizzly Bears. You’ll be able to get incredible images for your portfolio, have some fun and hopefully learn some things about photography that you didn’t know. Check out the list of my wildlife, nature and creative photography workshops…HERE.