Seems like the poor coyote never gets respect from photographers, the Road Runner or even me. I’ve photographed coyote three times this year and just now getting around to finishing them up and getting them online.
The pale coyote in the snow was photographed during a spring snow storm in Yellowstone . He caused a bigger car jam than the bison! The other images were taken during my winter wildlife photography workshop and my baby wildlife photography workshop.
You can see all of my coyote images and order prints…HERE.
You can learn more about my wildlife photography workshops…HERE.
- Coyotes are very good swimmers.
- They can run up to 40 miles (64 kilometers) an hour.
- Head and body, 32 to 37 in (81 to 94 cm); Tail, 16 in (41 cm) Weight: 20 to 50 lbs (9 to 23 kg)
- They hunt rabbits, rodents, fish, frogs, and even deer. They also eat insects, snakes, fruit, grass, and carrion.
- Collective noun for a group of coyote: Most commonly called a band, but also referred to as a pack, and a rout.