This is the first time I have photographed a baby Canada Lynx and wow, they are sooo cute. Trying to photograph both of them was a challenge, a welcome one, but still a challenge. Amazing how agile they are at just 6 weeks! Very much looking forward to my winter wildlife photography workshops and photographing these little ones in the snow!
Facts About Canada Lynx
- eyes are so keen that they can spot a mouse 250 feet (75 meters) away
- Head and body, 32 to 40 in (80 to 100 cm)
- 22 to 44 lbs (10 to 20 kg)
- Elusiveness earned them the nickname “shadow of the forest”
- Collective Noun is a pestering or a chain of Lynx
WOOT! A Chain of Lynx is a fantabulous collective noun!
Canada Lynx Kitten Photos
Canada Lynx Photography Portfolio
I’ve photographed lots of Canada Lynx and you can find all of my lynx images in my online portfolio. You can order prints or license images for your own needs. You’ll find the portfolio…HERE.
Wildlife Photography Workshops
I lead photography workshops all across the country and several times a year, I work with a company that raises wildlife for movies and photographers. We usually have the opportunity to photograph Canada Lynx. You can find out about my Wildlife Photography Workshops…HERE.