Photography News from around the interwebs. You can keep up to date on the photography news that catches my eye in this regular blog post. Learn about new software, hardware, photography workshops or really anything that I though you might like and or need to know.
Photography News: Hardware
Sigma Announces Camera Mount Conversions
If you were thinking of switching camera brands and have a bunch of Sigma lenses that are holding you back, you don’t have to let that stop you anymore. Sigma will now remount your lenses for $80-$250 each. Read what Sigma has to say…HERE.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
Panasonic has announced their latest Micro Four Thirds mirrorless camera for a November 2013 release. It’s a 16mp camera with a cool retro style. geared towards the high-end knowledgable photographer. The $1000ish camera has lot to offer.
- 16MP Live MOS sensor
- In-body image stabilization (works with any lens)
- Front and rear control dials
- Flip-up, 1024 x 768 pixel (2.3M dot equivalent) electronic viewfinder
- 3-inch tilting LCD
- 3-level focus peaking
- 1080 video at 60p/60i/24p in MP4 or AVCHD format
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC
- Magnesium-alloy frame
- 1/8000 second max shutter speed, 1/320th flash sync speed
- Highlight and shadow curve adjustments
- Built-in pop-up flash
- Large contoured grip
Photix Mitros Flash
A killer flash for a third the price of most OEM flash units…yes please. The Strobist, David Hobby loves it and says the days of high margin OEM flashes may be numbered. Read his blog post…HERE.[amazon-element asin=”B00E656JGE” fields=”title,lg-image,large-image-link,button”]
Canon Updates Firmware
Canon has released firmware updates for the EOS 1D Mark III, 1Ds Mark III and 1D Mark IV.
- Canon 1D Mark III Firmware Version 1.3.2
- Canon 1Ds Mark III Firmware Version 1.2.3
- Canon 1D Mark IV Firmware Version 1.1.4
Photography News: Workshops
If you are interested in learning more about my wildlife, nature and creative photography workshops, click the button!