Somehow the Red Fox never seems to disappoint at my wildlife photography workshop and then you add in the fact that we were photographing in a beautiful field of California wildflowers and you have something special.
We photographed the ubiquitous Red Fox and it’s alter ego a glorious Crossfox in it’s silver and red coat. They are the same species of fox just a color variation and it is is quite striking and one that you rarely see let alone photograph.
Fox Facts and Collective Nouns
- Foxes stalk their prey just like cats. Also like cats, they often play with their catch before they kill it. If they aren’t hungry, they may even catch mice just to play with, then let them go when they are done.
- A fox’s hearing is so sharp they can hear a watch ticking 40 yards away.
- red fox is one of 21 species of fox
- Average life span in the wild: 2 to 4 years
- Size: Head and body, 18 to 33.75 in (46 to 86 cm); Tail, 12 to 21.75 in (30.5 to 55.5 cm)
- Weight: 6.5 to 24 lbs (3 to 11 kg)
For the fox we have a leash, a lead, an earth, a company, a troop and a skulk. None of these inspire my imagination and so I am going to propose that a hunt of foxes should be included… Thoughts?
Red Fox Photo Gallery
Prints and More Fox Photography
You can see more of my leopard images and order prints in my photography portfolio…HERE.
Wildlife and Nature Photography Workshops
If you are interested in learning more about my wildlife, nature and creative photography workshops, click the button!