The black and white effects are always the most misunderstood as most of the software editors that you are currently using have the ability to make a black and white image. Your phone can even make a B&W snapshot and that is sort of the difference. There is more to a great black and white image than just taking the colors away. The Topaz filter as usual, gives you a myriad of selections and the fun is in the old style film emulators and toning.
Don’t forget to play with the “Creative Effects” sliders on the right side to enhance what you have started with the presets. Simplify and Camera Shake are particularly useful.
Topaz B&W Effects takes you beyond traditional black and white conversion methods by integrating unique features like a 5-in-1 selective adjustment brush, adaptive exposure, quad toning, historical processing collections, creative effects and more – giving you remarkable creativity and flexibility never seen before within a black and white program.
B&W Effects is your all-in-one solution for professional-quality black and white photos. With this powerful and easy-to-use plug-in, you can quickly create rich, dynamic black and whites with compelling tone and detail. B&W Effects will transform the way your process your images and help you master the art of digital black and white photography
- 8 Effect Collections featuring a variety of historical, traditional and stylized looks
- Over 200 presets included for a quick and creative 1-click workflow
- Adaptive Exposure integration for dynamic detail, contrast and tone
- Edge-aware selective brush for quick and easy dodging, burning, smoothing, selective detail and selective color
- Advanced grain engine developed from real film scans for an authentic look
- Creative Effects integrated from Topaz Simplify, Adjust and Lens Effects
- My Collection – where you can save and easily find your presets
- Split-screen preview options for easy before and after comparison
- Stage-based interface layout for a simple and streamlined workflow
Also as gesture of my thanks for you reading my stories and looking at my images and such, I’m going to give you 15% off of your purchase at Topaz labs. Well technically Topaz is giving it to you on my behalf. All you have to do is use code Jeff15 and you will save 15% on your purchase.
What are you waiting for, head on over to the download page at Topaz Labs…HERE.
Signup for my newsletter and keep up to date on what’s going in my photography world! Join the mailing list…HERE.
I’d love to see your work with the filters, leave a link in the comments and I’ll be sure to check it out!
Questions, Comments, Concerns? Leave a comment, I answer them all!