Nikon’s new consumer level DSLR is out and it’s the D5100. They’ve loaded this baby up with a ton of special effects like Night Vision, HDR, Swivel Display etc. It does have the same sensor as the D7000 so it should take some great images as well.
From Nikon Imaging:
- Special effects mode that enables various creative effects in still images and movies. [NEW] …more
- 16.2 effective megapixels. Nikon DX-format CMOS sensor. …more
- Image processing engine “EXPEED 2” that achieves high image quality, high-speed image processing and multiple functions. …more
- Wide sensitivity range of ISO 100 to 6400, expandable to Hi 2 (ISO 25600 equivalent) delivers sharp images with reduced blur caused by camera shake even in dark lighting situations and sports scenes. …more
- Fast and accurate 11-point AF system that captures even moving subjects. …more
- Live View shooting function that lets you focus on a desired point within the frame. …more
- Scene Auto Selector that automatically selects the most appropriate scene mode according to the shooting scenes or subjects. …more
- 16 options of Scene Modes enable you to select the most appropriate mode according to your shooting scenes or subjects. …more
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) that allows you to shoot easily even in a difficult high-contrast scene. [NEW] …more
- Lightweight and compact, user-friendly body with superior operability. …more
- Easy-to-use in-camera image-editing functions such as NEW (RAW) processing, filter effects and edit movie.…more
It is available for pre-order now on Amazon.