Nikon announced the D3100 (replaces D3000, D60, D40 DSLRs) and if you have any of the cameras in that lineage, upgrade now! Tons of new features and improvements. The photographer makes the image, but your equipment can sure help and this is a terrific little DSLR. It should be a terrific video camera as well with ful 1080 HD and constant auto focus!
- 14 MP CMOS Sensor (23.2 x 15.5 mm)
- live View
- Continuous AF in video mode/live view
- 3 inch Display (not swivel)
- 100 – 12800 ISO
- ISO setting manual or automatic
- 11 AF points
- new AF points configuration which should cover a very large portion of the viewfinder
- full HD Video (1920 x 1080)
- HD video: 1080p/24 and 720p 30/24
- AVCHD video codec
- new EXPEED2 processor
- improved objects recognition for the AF control
- improved in-camera menu
- user can save picture profiles
- in camera video editing capabilities or use the new Nikon View NX2
- 3 fps
Of the new releases the one I am most intersted in is the new 24-120. I’ve been wanting that one for a while now and the upgrade give it the VR that I’ve been wanting in that lens.
- Nikkor AF-S DX 55-300 f/4.5-5.6 G ED VR
- Nikkor AF-S 85 f/1.4 G with Nano coating: 10 lens elements in 9 groups
- Nikkor AF-S 24-120 f/4 G ED VR with Nano coating
- Nikkor AF-S 28-300 f/3.5-5.6 G ED VR: 19 lens elements in 14 groups
You can read all of the details and pre-order them on Amazon with these links.