I thought for sure it would a “howling” of coyotes, but still “band” is pretty good. Perhaps when I add some wolves to my website we’ll get a “howling”! And of course, I have wolves to add… Next up will be a Silver Fox.
These coyote images were taken during my most recent photography workshop in California for PAW, the Photographers Alliance Workshops. We had a great trip and in fact will be offering this tremendous wildlife photography workshop again this October in Montana. You can get all of the details and of course register for the wildlife photography workshop on the PAW website…HERE.
In case you were curious:
- Average life span in the wild: Up to 14 years
- Size: Head and body, 32 to 37 in (81 to 94 cm); Tail, 16 in (41 cm)
- Weight: 20 to 50 lbs (9 to 23 kg)
- Coyotes are very good swimmers. In areas of the northeast United States, where coyotes have migrated since the 20th century, the animals have colonized the Elizabeth Islands of Massachusetts.
- They can run up to 40 miles (64 kilometers) an hour.
Many more tidbits about coyotes are on the Nat Geo website…HERE.
This workshop was on private property near Yosemite National Park and while you may find a coyote they won’t look as good as ours and he is safely back home in Montana.[xmlgm ngg_gallery=47]